Saturday, June 17, 2023

Powers of Two



I turned 64 today. As a math fan, this is likely my last power of two birthday (2 to the 6th power is 64). Today, I'm spending my birthday with my two children and their two partners. More powers of two - My wife, Mary Glezen McMahon, is about to compete in the Air Race Classic - https://www.airraceclassic.org/ and her race number is 32, another power of two (follow her progress beginning Tuesday morning as she races from Grand Forks ND to Homestead FL). My last power of two birthday, 32, I had recently become the father of my second child. On the power of two birthday prior, I started my first day as a Chicago Lifeguard on my 16th birthday. Near my 8th birthday, I shot my first rifle with my Father and uncle. Around my 4th birthday my family had just moved from Detroit to Chicago. I have no memories from being two, but my Mother once told me she was at her happiest when she was a young mother with two toddlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Women in Mathematics

(Image: Hypatia by  Jules Maurice Gaspard , public domain) I recently re-read Instant Mathematics (see prior post:   https://jamesmacmath.bl...

Popular in last 30 days