Wednesday, June 10, 2020

One Trillion!


I'm a regular blood donor and in the photo I'm shown with the local blood bank staff as I surpassed the 10-gallon milestone (we're all in masks since this donation was made during the Covid crisis of 2020). This particular session, I donated both blood and platelets. As I finished, I reviewed the monitor on the apheresis machine that summarized my donation: 980,000,000,000 platelets collected (just 2% shy of one trillion).

1/15/2022 Update - I recently reached my 15-gallon milestone. I checked my last platelet donation, and the count was 1.1 trillion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Women in Mathematics

(Image: Hypatia by  Jules Maurice Gaspard , public domain) I recently re-read Instant Mathematics (see prior post:   https://jamesmacmath.bl...

Popular in last 30 days