Thursday, January 6, 2022

Book Review: Mathematics - From creating the pyramids to exploring infinity by Anne Rooney

 



Anne Rooney's book covers mathematics most important concepts: numbers and numbering systems, geometry, infinities and infinitesimals, statistics, set theory, and many more topics. I particularly liked how each chapter was supplemented with vignettes about famous math problems and mathematicians. I also liked revisiting concepts familiar to me but explained in new ways. As a challenge, I invite readers to learn about chronograms and the famous magic square made by architect, Antoni Gaudi, included in the beautiful Sagrada Familia in Barcelona.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Women in Mathematics

(Image: Hypatia by  Jules Maurice Gaspard , public domain) I recently re-read Instant Mathematics (see prior post:   https://jamesmacmath.bl...

Popular in last 30 days