Thursday, September 21, 2023

Slide Rule Collection Donated to Illinois Tech

Today, I received notice from the Library at the Illinois Institute of Technology that the slide rule collection I donated to the school is now on display. Over forty years ago, I started collecting slide rules and over the years, the collection grew to over thirty items. Earlier this year, I donated the collection to Illinois Tech, where I earned my Bachelor of Science degree in Materials Science and Engineering.

The collection also includes books of logarithmic and trigonometric values.

Some photos of the library display are shown below:















(photos by: Matt David, Director, Advancement Special Projects, IIT)

Other posts on slide rules: 

Math Vacation: 2022 Anniversaries (jamesmacmath.blogspot.com)

Math Vacation: Benford Distribution - Additional Thoughts (jamesmacmath.blogspot.com)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Women in Mathematics

(Image: Hypatia by  Jules Maurice Gaspard , public domain) I recently re-read Instant Mathematics (see prior post:   https://jamesmacmath.bl...

Popular in last 30 days